Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Not Built In A Day




I personally never make New Year's resolutions in January.  Instead I like to put my best foot forward in September! It's the start of the school year and also heralds the return of Toastmasters on the 10th of September. After a relaxing summer ,well at least the rain is warmer, it's back to the grindstone .Still it's not all bad ,Coco Chanel says you don't  find yourself you create yourself and I couldn't agree with her more. Toastmasters gives us the tools to succeed in a supportive environment . What more powerful weapon can we wield than that of the art of communication, to have the presence to command a room and the confidence to be your best self ? Don't be deterred, Rome wasn't built in a day! We won't ask guests to speak, so don't be worried about being caught unaware. At Toastmasters we're always delighted to see new faces and if it's not your cup of tea I'll be shocked and don't hesitate to give me constructive feedback at the coffee break .Toastmasters is on every second Thursday,  starting back for the new season tonight, Hibernian Hotel 8pm sharp .

No comments: